Safety and side effects
WHO SHOULD NOT USE EUCRISA?
Do not use EUCRISA if you are allergic to crisaborole or any of the ingredients in EUCRISA.
BEFORE USING EUCRISA, TELL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER ABOUT:
- all of your medical conditions.
- if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if EUCRISA will harm your
- if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if EUCRISA passes into your
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and
over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
HOW SHOULD I USE EUCRISA?
- Use EUCRISA exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to use it.
- Apply a thin layer of EUCRISA to the affected areas 2 times each day.
- If flares have improved, your doctor may suggest reducing your use of EUCRISA to once daily.
- Wash your hands after applying EUCRISA, unless hands are being treated. If someone else applies EUCRISA for you, they should wash their hands after applying EUCRISA.
EUCRISA is for use on skin (topical use) only. Do not use in your eyes, mouth, or vagina.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF EUCRISA?
EUCRISA may cause side effects.
- Allergic reactions. EUCRISA may cause side effects including allergic reactions at or near the application site or at a distant site. These can be serious and may include trouble breathing, throat or chest tightness, feeling faint, swelling of the face, eyelids, lips, mouth, tongue or throat, hives, itching, and redness. If you have any of these symptoms, stop using EUCRISA and get medical help right away.
The most common side effect of EUCRISA is application site pain, such as burning or stinging.
This is not the only possible side effect of EUCRISA.
Patients should always ask their doctors for medical advice about adverse events. You may report side effects to the FDA at
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN EUCRISA?
Active ingredient: crisaborole
Inactive ingredients: white petrolatum, propylene glycol, mono- and di-glycerides, paraffin, butylated hydroxytoluene, and edetate calcium disodium.